View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 09:45 PM   #181
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Full motion was checked with the wheels off and on the ground. The photo shows the interference. Apparently some people have been able to run the bar without a spacer. It wouldn't take much to clear the bar maybe a couple of degrees difference in how the steering box was mounted or how far up the Pitman arm went up on the steering box sector shaft.
I don't know exactly what the bar came out of. The wrecking yard had pulled it and it was just tagged with the interchange number. The good thing at present is that it looks as if all is sanitary with the steering box installation. Unless there is something I am missing.
I dropped the bar and mocked it up in a lower position and started fabbing some some different mounts. But I am back to work tomorrow so no progress will be made until next Tuesday.
Thanks for the help.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote