View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 12:06 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

Re: Wheel Vintiques / JEGS Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.precision View Post
Wheel Vintiques has the raw material and will build these wheels in May.
JEGS cannot push the production date up.
Summit doesn't have them in stock until late April. Same story. I suspect that date will turn into May 2019.
There you have it.
Wow! August '18 to May '19... if that is even a fact. That's crazy, like 10 months crazy. And they have the raw materials yet it will be 3 months till they build them? That's a lot of space taken up to let those raw materials sit. Most definitely it would be impossible for Summit to have them in April before Wheel Vintiques makes them. Sounds like Jeg's is shooting you straight and Summit is leading you on.

I feel lucky with how buying my 16 x 8 8-luggers went. They were on sale like $35 cheaper each... $125 wheels for $89. I order them and Jeg's said they were backordered. I was willing to wait. They put them on sale to sell a bunch before they even had them and I got mine in a couple weeks. I thought that was a very smart business move. They should at least give you a discount for all this waiting for sure

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-22-2019 at 12:18 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote