View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 AM   #99
msg

Re: Fixin Dixie - 66 Short Bed Fleetside

While I was waiting on the epoxy primer to cure up on repairs I was making to the rocker and fender I decided to get the passenger door repair started. This time I removed most of the front door panel and was able to weld up the hole I cut out thinking I could use it as access to hammer/dolly the botched weld up I did a while back. Once I had the hole patched I epoxy primered the interior some more. Then I taped up areas that I wanted to apply seam sealer to just as a precaution. Then I started applying the sound deadener Noico product I bought. Ive read this helps the rattle of the metal panels so I applied it to where it made sense. The Dynamat sample they sent was interesting by comparison, side by side the Noico was a little thicker.

Hopefully that will help the sound on the interior, which at the rate Im going will be 2019

Then I got the rocker installed, I had to do as you mentioned Vince and cut along therdges of the horn looking part at the front. Used the self tapping screws, but I ended up needing to drill the pilot hole first. Didnt self tap Like I hoped. Once I got the rocker tacked in I got busy on the cab corner and knocked it out. Not perfect but works.

Getting closer! I just need to finish welding the base of the rocker to the inner rocker at he base then I think Ill finish up the passenger door.