View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #11
The Chainsaw

Re: LS Swap 70c10 Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennuck View Post
I know you are trying to save money by using the TH350 but your going to need a few things to use it. The engine needs a speed signal to operate properly so you are going to have to buy an electronic speed sensor to make it work. Guys will tell you, you can do away with the speed sensor but this generally results in poor fuel economy and driveability problems. I know there are also spacing differences between the torque converter and flex plate that may cause you problems?

Often you can buy an engine and trans combo for little extra than the engine alone and save all these hassles and gain overdrive. The 4L60E uses the same output shaft spline as the TH350 and with proper engine placement you can use your stock driveshaft. The total cost is likely a wash and you gain O.D.

I haven't seen any fuel economy or driveability problems running the older transmissions other than the gear ratio. Been there and done that one with both stock ECU's and Holley's EFI. Either one will adjust A/F ratio depending on so many factors, that I never noticed any difference. Just my experience.

Although I have eaten up a few thrust bearings with my Hughes Th400 because of converter charge pressure+Boost.
The Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote