View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 07:47 PM   #3
Johns 66

Re: 66 C10 Lowering question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
For such a mild drop (2/4) I would do drop springs up front & a drop spring/lowering block in the back.

2" drop springs up front won't kill travel & you can get aftermarket springs w/a decent spring rate. I would go early Classic Enterprises or Hotchkis for springs.

The drop spring/lowering block combo recommendation is because lowering blocks get you some drop w/o impacting shock travel. These trucks are compromised on the rear shock travel because of the installed/working angle. It's made worse when lowered w/springs alone.

An alternative is lowering springs (again from the 2 sources listed) & swap in a rear shock relocation kit from No Limit Engineering. It's a well thought-out kit.

Whatever you choose, buy some premium shocks & don't cheap out. AVOID marketed 'drop shocks'. You want the shock travel lengths the same as stock for the best ride quality.

Thanks for the info...Please excuse my ignorance in this.....So basically you are saying just buying and installing drop springs from a reputable company will lower the truck and will not drastically affect the drivability of the truck...am I correct? and I will still be able to use my truck as a truck..pulling a small trailer or my boat?

I will look at both you suggested...really appreciate the info....John
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote