View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 10:01 AM   #98
Dave_The_BMXER

Re: 51 GMC 'Project Why Wait'

Gone for a bit but I'm back. I ended up cleaning up the floor, covering it in epoxy primer (2 part rattle can) Tremclad, then rubberized undercoating. I also seam sealed all the areas where I did repair.

Should ultimately the floor will see some insulation and carpet so I didn't go too nuts cleaning it all up inside.

Outside however...

Got everything roughed out in 80 grit. Fiberglass filler as the base for it's waterproofing properties then standard filler on top. There's a lot left but it's all fairly straight now.

I also whipped up a new steering column pass through

Then, my friend dropped my motor back off and we tossed it in the chassis. I modified a speedway cross member and then....

The wheels generic rollers I found on Kijiji for $300. Two of the tires are fine, two camber worn. Burn those off later.

With the cab on I was then able to sort out my steering. The Hooker LS manifolds are super low profile. No need to run my steering off into Timbuktu!

Hoping to keep momentum going in the garage until it gets really cold. Ideally I can send the cab off for paint (firewall, roof, door jambs) when it's cold so I don't lose a month or two to winter.

I'll dive deeper into what was done to the motor, trans, and the intake manifold. Got a 5 year old bouncing off me right now.

Couple more photos are up on stanceiseverything.com
Dave_The_BMXER is offline   Reply With Quote