View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 12:06 AM   #280
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

Ironed out what I am doing to mount the 60/40 bench today. Was going to build a new frame that attached to the existing holes in truck and modify seat brackets. It sat so well on the floor, the new frame just seemed like a lot of work for no gain. I modified the 60 section inner bracket to sit on the floor. Will drill 8 new holes in floor. On the underside I will run 4 each 3/16" x 1 1/2" flat bar front to back with nuts welded onto flat bar. Will be a strong mounting IMO.
While I had the welder out I made a small change to the gas pedal bracket purchased from HartRod. Cut in half and rewelded with pedal mount side at a slight angle. This raised the pedal about 3/4"
Going to drop off seats at upholsterer maybe this week. Been dragging my feet as he wants a lot to do it. Several have recommended and my boss has known him for years. But.....his price is A LOT and I have all the fabric. We have a sewing machine at the shop and I probably can do it. Just would be more time working on something else for me though. Attached a few pics for your entertainment.
Attached Images

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote