View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
skyreep1

Cool 1973 Suzuki T-500 Senior Project Build

Got a new project... It's a 1973 Suzuki T-500. Here in NC we're required to complete a Senior Project for graduation. Sooo my girlfriend's father happened to have a motorcycle that had been sitting in his basement for 20 years. Oh and what was left of a parts bike.. including a new rebuilt block =]. So I tossed the bikes on the back of my truck drove it home and now it sits in my barn. Waiting to be fixed. Waiting for me to get people to help in fixing it . It has a brand new paint job... "Fire Mist Red"... But to be quite honest it looks pink lol.

Okay so far I've bought a new air filter assembly, and a new battery. Unfortunately my carburetors need a rebuild kit and I'm not sure where to get one (help me?) I'm sure I'll have many more questions but I figure I'll start it with the carbs =] thanks in advance. Also my sidecover is cracked. Now I have all the pieces so a fiberglass copy is possible but is there any place I can go about getting a replacement? thanks =] In 1990 the engine was completely rebuilt. Then in sat for 20 years =] hasn't been cranked since 1982.

Finally, where can I get a new wiring harness? thanks =]

Last edited by skyreep1; 04-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.
skyreep1 is offline   Reply With Quote