View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #56
uber cool

Re: Uber Cool's 1963 C10 LWB Fleetside in England

Drove down on Thursday to see Martin and pick up his straight six engine for mine. Should have been a nice 5 hour journey, got stuck behind several breakdowns and crashes on the motor, ended up 8 hours to get there. Loaded up the engine in the trailer, had a brew and got the guided tour of Martins truck. I reackon He'll have it on the road for summer.
Rian nowhere to be seen ? Apparently he said something about going home to dye his beard and do his nails, I'm sure Martin said something like that, lol. Anyway set off home at about 10 pm, got round the corner went over a speed bump, engine fell over and split the oil filter (Oops). Reloaded it more securely and got home about 2:30am. Unloaded the engine and box.
On route to Martin's yesterday i did a 100 mile detour to collect a C10 Grill, come with a free alloy Grill, the chrome one is beat up but for free i was having it, even if it ends up as garage wall art. Also more gifts arrived via the postman, a nice new twin brake master cylinder.

uber cool is offline   Reply With Quote