View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #95
bollybib

Re: Jim's 1969 Custom/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Jim, truck looks great, and I'm sure you enjoy driving it. May want to think about changing those gears at 11 mpg....Jim
Hi Jim,

I was a little surprised to see it come in at 11, I was expecting something less than 10. I think many guys chuck the Eaton and replace it with a rear that offers more gear options. From what I've read here in the Board and discovered online, there is no gear set available for the Eaton in the current aftermarket that is numerically less than the stock 4.10.

Nearly all my driving is within a 20 mile radius of my house and a I rarely venture onto the freeway. Among the three vehicles I own, I estimate I drive them all for a total of less than 5,000 miles per year. And since I’m more of a Mr. Fixit than a builder, I’ll probably just leave it as it is. It gets me to the grocery store and beach and looks cool. If my use of the truck changes in the future, or I have to mortgage my house for a fillup, I can always rethink this.

Thanks for your comments and have a nice day.

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911