View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
69chevej

Re: 67 c10 steering help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
If the BJ's are the OE 67 size, you'll prob need to research (ask CPP) what outer tie-rods are required.

Not spindle adapters; tie rod adapters. An adapter sleeve simply allows different thread size inner/outer tie-rods to work together. It was common to use the later disc brake outer tie rods that utilize larger thread diameter vs the earlier drum brake (smaller thread) tie-rods. You can't just switch to disc brake inners & outers because the earlier drum brake truck drag-link has to fit the inners (the smaller diameter inners).

Here's the info you should review. For the record, this in the FAQ section of the forum: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=444815
Cpp said to use 67 tie rods, my drop spindles use everthing stock exept for 73-87 brake components.the issue is that im using a 86 power steering gearbox and was planning on using the 73-87 center link that came on it, the other issue is I dont have the stock center link anymore but I guess I could find one if its easier to just use it. I see the adjusting sleeves that cpp sells were you flip a outer to the inner and vice versa, whats you opinion since it sounds like youve been here before? thanks
69chevej is offline   Reply With Quote