View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
The1960APE

1972 2wd Jimmy...New project looking for advice

I just picked up a 1972 GMC Jimmy, it was a long distance purchase that is in transit on the motor carrier.
I am trying to get a game plan together! It was originally a 4x4 and I am not exactly sure how it was converted. I really am not overly concerned as we will go back over everything! The good is that the body is laser straight and was done right, the paint is gorgeous, all the glass is installed and the body is back on the frame.....other than that... no motor, no tranny, no column, no bumpers! I am actually happy about that as we would change everything anyway!
My Questions.....
I am leaning towards air ride to put the frame on the ground, but I defiantly want it RIGHT! Its my understanding that front half are ready and available, back half are a not as easily accommodated, Fab work isn't really an issue, but where I am second guessing doing a front/back half is...well to be honest by the time we buy all that, good brakes all the way around, air ride, plum it all, fab it all, powder coat it etc, rear end mods, narrow it for wide wheels would I just be able to go to No Limit Engineering and buy a 12-16k frame complete with all the above?
My goals....
Ride is number 1, we really want it to ride great, its not going to be raced but having fun on the mountain back roads is always a plus!
LS engine, 4L80E tranny, A/C, power windows, Etc
It there a better way that just buying a frame?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679735
The1960APE is offline   Reply With Quote