View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 02:08 AM   #10
robs71k5
K5drive

Re: Blazer chalet custom

Thanks for looking Cleszkie. Yes I know where your coming from .Just the material alone is going to ring in at $400 +. However I am fortunate enough to own a phaff industrial sewing machine that I had purchased some years ago for making boat tops so I will fenture down that road one more time simply because I can and if I should change anything last min it will be on my dime. But nothing like getting the pro's to get it done nicely . We shall see what I can do . At worst I can take it in and get my foopa fixed but I have some experienced help on the side as well so no real worries . Tonight I mounted some rev jacks so it can be removed in five minutes . But damaged some paint so will have to dial it back in for paint once I get it all figured out .
I have come up with another addition to this project. Its a bit of a brain fart yet but the back of the rack will be stabilizing another unit that's primarily sitting on the receiver hook and essentially supporting 100% of the weight but will quick couple into the rack as as stabilizer . Imagine a receiver hook basket that has three or four levels for your cooking essentials tha pops out of the trailer hitch that has four drop down legs . This unit will be home for a BBQ, cooler, water supply at the top and a sink providing I have room for it all .LOL
Anyway took some pics of the parts in case others want to do something simlular
First picture is how I build the support foth the structure above the quarter panels. The integrity part is merely a block of steel. Three holes drilled and taped horizontally and four holes drilled and tapped with a bottom out tap (these vericle holes not drilled through) but tapped as deep as permitted with out going through. I used 1/4 28 tap for those four holes and 5/16 thread on the three hor holes . Repeated this procedure x 4 supports .the picture illustrates one
Attached Images

Last edited by robs71k5; 05-04-2017 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Forgot pics
robs71k5 is offline   Reply With Quote