View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
rickoner

My Drive-way Build - '65 short pants

Figured I might as well start a build thread on here since I've been using this site for information and motivation for my truck. Well, it all started a couple of months ago when I was search the internet for a project truck. I was looking for an original patina'd short bed. That's when I came across this '65. Owner said there was only one small hole in the floor and the rest was solid. For the pics that I got, it did look a very decent truck. So, we struck a deal and I got the truck shipped from Mississippi to Pennsylvania. Here's one of the pics that I got from the seller.

Looks nice right? Go through the brakes and suspension. Then get it running, fix the small hole in the floor and cruise it around town, right? Well once it was delivered, that plan went out of the window. The rotten panels include both floor pans, inner & outer rockers on both sides, outer A-pillars both sides, both inner kick panels, one cab corner, the panel above the windshield and the inner roof skin. Oh well, that's the risk you take when you buy something without being able to check it out in person. I'll post pics of the rot when the surgery begins. I ordered and have already received all the patch panels needed for the cab.

Wanting to convert to 5 lug and disks I pick this up on craigslist out of an '85 C10.

I was supposed to get a whole set of wheels with it but the guy I got them off of didn't have one pulled off when I picked them up. I drove about an hour to pick everything up and couldn't stick around because of plans. Besides it was starting to rain pretty heavily. The guy told me that he was planning to coming down by neck of the woods the next weekend. I took him for his word that he would give he the wheel. Yup, you guessed it. He didn't my answer calls or texts and has disappeared. So I'm hunting for another wheel and it's proving to be more difficult than I anticipated. I've hit up three u-pull it yards and have came up empty. Does anybody have a lead on where I might be able to source a used one at. Here's what I'm looking for. Looks to be a 15"x7"

Jumping ahead a bit, I ordered a couple other parts, pulled the front clip, yanked out the 283 (wound up being seized) & TOTT and pancaked the crossmember 2". I also remounted the crossmember 1" forward to center the wheel up in the fender.

That brings us up to this past weekend. Next post will bring everything up to where I'm at now.

Thanks for looking.
rickoner is offline   Reply With Quote