View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #10
rickoner

Re: My Drive-way Build - '65 short pants

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes gentlemen. I really appreciate it.
I'm going to catch the thread up to where I'm at now. Nothing has happened with my truck but I did find this on craigslist last week and picked it up last weekend.

Drove 4 hrs one way, but it has a lot of parts that I was looking for. Especially the BBW. I've been busy drilling spot welds for what seems like forever and the results are not what I was hoping for.

Lots of rust was lurking inside. The two panels that I was really hoping to use ended up having heavy scale rust that when chipped away exposed holes. The inner roof panel I'm going to scrap and continue to look for another one. I'm hoping that I can patch up the rear panel. The rusty parts are right above the window.

If I can find a couple small window panels, I think I can cut some patch panels out of them to patch up the BBW panel. We'll see though.

I'm almost done stripping the parts cab of everything usable. Then it's off to the scrap yard and I can get a parking spot back. Even though the sheet metal is a bit rough, it was still a good buy. I got all of the custom cab trim pieces, auto column, auto pedals, bench seat, cluster with gauges, gas tank, dash, and all the glass.

I already replaced the cab mounts and hopefully I can get started on the sheet metal replacement soon. It's going to depend on the weather though. The forecast is for rain for the next week. I'll keep the thread updated as soon as there's some progress.

Thanks for checking in.
rickoner is offline   Reply With Quote