View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #24
rickoner

Re: My Drive-way Build - '65 short pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by neglected61 View Post
makes me want to fix my rust... looking good!
Thanks. It's not a terribly bad job, but I can't wait until the metal work is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
You are making great progress. Keep it up.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collins10672 View Post
very nice work
Thanks. I"m not doing as nice of a job as a lot of guys on here but It's my first time doing this sort of thing and I'm learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963c-10 View Post
Great progress and hang in there...your almost done with it!!!
I'd say about 75% done.... with the first side. lol Some much left to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by step65 View Post
Nice work I look forward to watching your progress.
Thanks, brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Sorry you had to deal with all the flaky people in the beginning. See it didn't stop you from taking on huge project and doing a great job at it.
All the patch panels I've dealt with all seem to need just that little bit of persuasion to fit properly.
Sub'd
Thanks. Well, I guess you win some and lose some. I'm just on a streak of bad luck, But it can't last forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigru View Post
Nice work, keep it up.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66 View Post
wouldn't feel bad about the rust heck even down here in texas most look like that. look at it this way you know what you have after all the cutting and welding, it will be like a new truck. just keep up your chin and the good work!
are you going to keep it a 283?
Thanks. The floor rust I've come to accept, but the roof still irks me a bit. Since they're not offered in the aftermarket, I'm sure it's going to be tough and expensive sourcing the inner and outer roof panels that are in good shape. Hopefully, I can find another BBW inner panel for when the roof comes off too.
Nah, the 283 was locked up solid. I was toying with the idea of an Isuzu 4bd diesel, but I'm probably gonna throw some kind of lsx in her. Can't really beat them for price, reliability, mpg's, and performance.

Now onto today's accomplishments. Finished the rest of the inner rocker. Just have a little more welding and grinding left and the driver's side is done.

Then my buddy gave me a hand hanging the door back on. Feels good to actually be bolting parts back on even if it's just temporary. Hopefully the outer rocker will fit.

slowly but surely.

Thanks for looking.
rickoner is offline   Reply With Quote