View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 10:59 PM   #225
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Continuing with the ECU wiring, here's the other half of the connectors wired up. The bundles all then went somewhere in the truck. By somewhere, either to switches that aren't mounted just yet, or to the bulk head connector behind the fuse block and out to the engine compartment, to the gauges or idiot lights.

One thing I love about the Autometer elite is that most of them have data logging output. So I'm sending the vehicle speed, coolant temp, trans temp and oil pressure over to the ECU. The ECU is sending the tach signal back. For the coolant temp, the ECU measures temp in the driver side cylinder head and the gauge in the passenger side cylinder head. So by passing the gauge to the ECU, I'll have both cylinder head temps in the ECU and data logs. I also sent fuel level into the ECU to play with and see what use it might be as there is no smoothing on that signal so it is really only good for static level checks but I can apply math in the ECU and calculate gallons. I'm then using the other signals to manage the fans (2 on the radiator, one on the trans air cooler).
Name:  IMG_2907.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  88.6 KB

Getting busy behind the gauges.
Name:  IMG_2934.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  50.3 KB

Going behind the AC duct ... A mini power distribution center in the cab above the fuse block. Advancing from 1971 electronics to 2017 electronics meant adding a bunch of additional circuit management. So I'll have the fuse block, the interior power distribution and another power distribution in the engine compartment I'll show you in a couple posts. To summarize, there are five relays in use, 1 mini relay (the big one) and 4 micro relays (1 is on the far left behind the headlight switch). I also have 2 spare slots for relays for "future growth".
Name:  IMG_2935.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  47.5 KB

And last a shot of the fuse block after everything has been completed and all the slots in the bulkhead connector have been filled. I literally have no more room. Anything new is going to need a 3rd pass through location.
Name:  IMG_2937.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  63.1 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote