View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #17
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: After 5 years now I can look at this with out crying as much

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
I am trying to declutter my home and get rid of stuff since my wife died .I have one more closet to go and then the whole upstairs of the house to clean out .After that my shop is next ,already trying to sell one car thats been in my shop for 25 years (81 Trans Am) and then see what I can thin out .
There cannot be any more of a rough time to down size than an instance like you are having to go through flashed.. so sorry for you losing your wife .. take your time and just know you have friends here on the forum to share words with anytime for any comfort we can give you .. 25 years 81 Trans Am ,,you should have no problem selling this car ,I would think ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayoterun View Post
Papa: We're in the same boat now as you are. Our move has only been 12 miles, but it don't matter which place we are. Whatever we need seems like it's always 12 miles away. I'm trying to buy an older pu/w a utility bed. Pile every hand tool in it, so wherever I am, I at lease have the hand tools.----If the old pu don't crater. The adjustment of routine and place has been rough on me. After being on the same place so many years, it hard to "turn your back and walk away." We don't plan to sell the "home" place, so at least I can go out, let my dog run, and drive thru the pasture and look at my neighbors cattle who has it rented. Soo, I guess we can suffer together long distance.
Sounds like a good plan to get that old truck and load your tools on it and have it handy .. there is nothing like a acreage place to store stuff at compared to the flat land street homes with the small back yard .. Bet your dog loves going back to the old stomping grounds too. ..