View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #70
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

This week is has been a great week for parcels, at the beginning of the week the stuff from Martin arrived and at the end of the week the suspension kit I ordered through Langys Rod Shop arrived

Name:  Suspension Kit.JPG
Views: 648
Size:  29.2 KB

I now only need a lower control arm for the passenger side and I'll have everything I need to finish the suspension drop and overhaul, including a disc brake conversion
While I have the front end stripped, the other job I have planned is a power steering conversion, I'm using this kit from POL.

Name:  Power steering kit.JPG
Views: 653
Size:  21.5 KB

If you live in the UK any parts can be hard to come by so often buying a kit is the safest option. This one has everything except the power steering pulley and is very reasonably priced. June is going to be a busy month for me, it has five birthdays, including my mate Phil's 50th (yes he who named the truck!) a wedding, a charity run for cancer, my middle daughters prom and a ton of other stuff! I am however, determined to keep making progress, so I've started with the steering kit.

With the old box removed and the rag joint end trimmed off the installation begins. The plates supplied with the kit locate using the old mounting holes, allowing the new holes to be marked and drilled. I went slightly oversize on the holes through the original chassis to give a little wriggle room for alignment. I do intend to weld the plates to the rails once everything is complete.

Name:  IMG_1702.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  43.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1706.jpg
Size:  47.1 KB

Before the new steering box can be mounted one of the holes has to be drilled out to convert it to a through hole.

Name:  IMG_1705.jpg
Size:  59.4 KB
ibrown50 is offline   Reply With Quote