View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 09:07 AM   #6
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: I hate computers (rant)

I'm not really a computer technology expert, but I have to use tech every day. Pretty much everything I use is up to date. My laptop is in the hot rod of laptops. My cell phone is the iPhone X maxed out. My job is fixing and selling copiers and printers. The latest copiers are basically computers that copy, print, scan, and fax. With a ton of other cool features a person never would have guessed just a few short years ago you would be available on a copier. Heck you can even go online with a copier now. The screen on some of them is the size of a decent tablet.

So here is my problem with computers and totally up to date tech. It all breaks, it all has glitches, nothing is 100% trouble free, not even close. But every day I hear about companies putting in for self driving semi trucks, self driving cars. Things that interact with the population at large. Im just not feeling it.

You might say we have had automated this and that for years now, but these things haven't been barreling down the highway at 70 MPH either. Like I said ... Im just not feeling it (yet).

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote