View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #82
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Got my hood back from the blasters and over to the body shop. It was in pretty good shape. Im not sure why the blaster said it was rough. The underside had a small amount of pitting but in general its in good shape. Unfortunately my body shop is super slammed with work right now so... Im not sure how long it'll take to get back.

I ordered some carpet, lower door panel carpets, panel pockets, a floor mats & a rear wall mat. I ran into a hiccup with the colors. I assumed that with the ACC stuff that when you wanted medium gray it was the same color between the cutpile and the Essex stuff. That is NOT the case. The Essex is super dark and has a green tint to it. The cutpile medium gray is what I am wanting. So I had to send the carpet and lower door covers back and reorder.

Anyway. I ordered a slightly darker floor mat to go over the carpet. I think it should contract nicely. The pockets will be a nice match to the carpet, assuming the color I picked to spray the door panels with isn't terrible..

I also got new seat belts. The buckles are nice. Im not a huge fan of the retractor style but I guess its all you get with aftermarket. I may spray the housings when I spray the rest of the interior as it has a slightly funky tint to them.

I got some speaker kick panel pods from Rod Doors to spray and attach to the stock kick panels. I don't have a headliner yet but Im gonna go ahead and spray everything together so I can add the upper trim whenever. If I get a headliner before final assy Ill do it then, if not I can do it all later.

I had to order a new HVAC lamp socket from LMC. For some reason my harness has a small plug than my controls. So I swapped the plug without any issues. The black one is earlier style and the white is for later.

Last week I had disassembled all the window and vent window parts. I painted the trim pieces and put some rust prevent stuff on the regulator and lower guides. I had the Precision gaskets I needed for the vents from a parts order on the original build so that worked out. I ordered a new vent handle kit from LMC that had a black "cover". I wish the handle was black but whatever.

These vent window rebuilds suck! I finished one last night. Not super stoked with it but its complete and functional. The vertical seal doesn't always lay correctly when you pull the glass up to it and lock it down for some reason. Im hoping it will flatten out. Ill post more pictures if it keeps messing up. It took me a while to figure out how to get the "C' seal to lay into the metal frame correctly. The other side I think will go together easier now that I have a better idea what the heck Im doing.

This weekend Im gonna pull my seat back out and start the sound insulation installation. I have 50 or 60sq ft of that to put on the floor, backwall and doors.