View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
Foot Stomper

Re: color sample What the best way???(long read sorry)

Absolutely, you need to have the sample clear coated to see how it looks. Base coat looks far different once you have clear coat on it. Pay the money to have a sample sprayed out with clear on it! I would even suggest having a crashed fender or other useless panel painted to really see the color if you're not convinced you like it. Nothing worse than having a vehicle custom painted a color you DON'T like!

The formula you ask for is useless so why do you need it? It is only good to make more of the same color from another Matrix dealer... no other paint company can use a Matrix formula... so again, why do you need the formula? If you buy a gallon of that color, you will (and should) get the formula to document in your records, otherwise, you don't need it unless you are going to take it to another Matrix distributor to price shop it. I can say this because I used to sell Matrix in western Canada (and other paint lines) to the paint jobber stores. Bruce at Paint FX was the only Matrix distributor then... I don't think there's another, or is there? Matrix MB has a great product so stick with it!

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989

Last edited by Foot Stomper; 05-19-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote