View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #163
1badgmc

Re: 73-87 hot wheels and die cast thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvereagle07 View Post
I went to the Kdays event with my little girl (4yrs old). We were the first in line for opening the boxes. We got there at 8am and the manager let her open a box then. She pulled out two green silverados, a batman car and two montes. They only let her have 5 at one time. It was really cool that she let her open the box early and let her pick them out. She also gave her a poster with a F100 modified truck. My daughter had a huge smile on her face. I went back later that day with my oldest daughter (7yrs old). She wanted to find the pink challenger. We walked away with several silverados , challengers, vettes and montes. It was a huge score for us. Thanks 1badgmc for the information on kdays. My kids and I are happy we got to particpate.
You're welcome. Glad you had fun. I ended up not going. Instead, I ordered 2 of the Kday cases online so I wouldn't have to deal with the crowds. I ended up with 4 each of the Kday exclusives, 2 each of the first-to-market and 2 of most everything else (including the green Cloak and Dagger Treasure Hunt). I was hoping for 2 of the purple '67 Chevelle, but only got 1 of those. Now I have some extra cars I can give to the kids for Christmas and whatnot and I spent less on the 2 cases than I would have spent driving to my nearest Kmart, buying cars, buying lunch, etc.

I was in the area of the Kmart today with work, so I dropped in hoping I might find a few more Silverados, but they were all gone. They did still have a few of the Kday Vette, Challenger and Lotus, but those aren't what I was after.
1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote