View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 10:25 PM   #7
K5 MAX

Re: Bought a 72 K5 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
I believe the 350/350 Blazers had 3:07 gear ratios. Your new rig looks like everything is there which is a plus. You are going to have a lot of rust repair. Look at the frame closely to check for rot before you stick a lot of money into it. It will be a real nice Blazer if you bring her back. Congrats.
Thanks for the comments. We'll see what it's got, guy said it seemed like a high gear. Maybe they were changed out along the way. Thanks for the tip on the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lks dcvn View Post

Having restored a few of these - I can see several spots that if they are rusted, there is more hiding. The good news - is that advancements have been made in replacement panels for Blazers so you can get fixed it a LOT easier now than you could even 2-3 years ago.

Congrats on the new truck. I have been looking for sheet metal in that same Medium Green color for my 71 blazer project. You have all the panels I need!

Welcome to the Blazer family. Keep posting pictures as you dig into it - there is always help on this forum and plenty of really informed people on these rigs.
What replacement panel manufacturers do you recommend, from reading threads I have a list but still like to get people's preference. What panels do you need and are you only looking for mint ones not rusted or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
It looks like you've got your work cut out for you, but you'll definitely enjoy it once it's done. As far as finding a hardtop, if I lived in Florida I'd probably buy a soft top and run it all year.
I've thought about a soft top for that very reason. Just dont like the look of all the cross braces that are needed to support it. Plan to do a full roll cage, maybe a custom soft top is the answer. We shall see!

Last edited by K5 MAX; 02-17-2018 at 10:31 PM.
K5 MAX is offline   Reply With Quote