View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #10
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: Project Trippin Hazard

So,

As you now know or at least have guessed by now, i'm going with a full Extreme Dropmember, hence the build name.. Depending on how things work out with the current wheel/tire combo, I'm sure it will have no problem laying frame. I'll save the rest of the drivetrain details for now, but instead I will describe the interior. In short, I am going full on Red.

To begin with, a few years ago, while working with board member Livrat on my then Project 50th, we struck a deal on a set of truck buckets which I thought were going to be used in my sons 68. Turns out he went the Buddy Bucket route, so i have had these tucked away waiting for just such an opportunity. I began to look at color options, and since I have always liked red, I could not resist a smokin deal from Truckseats on a pair of factory 72 covers.

Seats awaiting a project...

Covers from Truckseats

A big Thanks goes out to BigBlock68 for facilitating getting these completed, and looking Sweet!

I also have a very nice console from a 77 Blazer I part years ago. Currently blue, but I'll either find a nice original red to trade or paint it to match.

Come to think of it, Frank aka PICKMUP had a nice original red one.. I had better touch base with him and see if he still has it..

I also found a nice original red group of interior parts from another board member (forget who at the moment) to further the red theme. I realize they are not a perfect match to the seats, but I think the contrast along with what I plan for the door panels will work.

I'll detail the remaining interior parts as I dig them out of storage and do some mockup with pictures..
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote