View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 09:05 AM   #40
68Stepbed

Re: Slick is getting a full TCI suspension!

It seems like once the big stuff was done, the small stuff is taking forever. I'm down to making brake lines and installing tid bit stuff and it's moving at a snail's pace lately. At least here's some things I have been able to accomplish.

I was able to get the Lokar shifter in place and bolted down. The linkage isn't hooked up yet because I need to wait until the engine is in and the trans is in position. I think it's sitting too high, right now.

I originally intended to just stick the engine back in after the suspension was in place, but I decided to make some upgrades that I didn't do the first time. New lifters/lifter trays, Comp Cams roller trunion upgrade, ARP head bolts, and new head gaskets. It also looks as if I'll be getting some new AFR heads to compliment the other upgrades. I was going to install all this stuff myself, but I ended up taking the engine to the machine shop to be inspected and professionally reassembled. I did, however, install the Improved Racing oil pan baffle kit and the crank scraper/windage tray kit.

For those that don't know, this is why you need to do a trunion upgrade for the rockers. Imagine all these needle bearing falling into your engine while it's spinning at 5500 rpm!!

I also picked up up a Corbeau Forza seat to install to keep me in place during hard cornering. Don't be hating on my 2x4 mock up process.

Next up was getting the new Wilwood master cylinder installed. The old booster bracket left some ugly impressions in the paint, so I made an aluminum plate to cover it up.

I'm hoping to get fuel and brake lines finished up this week, along with other odds and ends.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote