View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 01:00 AM   #69
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Yep. Met up with Bill this afternoon. Made short work of it with electric impact. Yanked the carrier and bolted the axles and cover back on. Bill talked to Branden and said he needed the 4.56 carrier anyway since the axle he swapping the parts from has a 4.88 spool. He don't want to run the spool so rather than me buying the carrier we are just swapping straight across. I'll get the carrier up to work this week. Harlan will swap the ring gear across since the pinion is already set up with the right preload. All we have to do then is set the pattern and backlash.

Then you and I can finish with the brakes. I'll be ready to swing the iron by on the way home once we have it done. GI cleanup day is next saturday so I need to get it out of the shop.

I've got to call Jesse about the TCC lockup on the 700r4 too. I've got a question out to Bowtie overdrives about the TV kit. Waiting to find out if the kit comes with a specific TV valve spring they reference in the instructions to change out. They don't list that spring separately so I'm confused. (really it isn't that hard to do!)

I'm getting pumped up though.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote