View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
Autoblueprint

Lightbulb Re: All original 1972 Chevy Tow Truck on EBAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I like it,too. C/10 tow truck,eh? I've seen this truck before. I'm curious to see what it will go for. It's almost up to what I want for mine. It has more than just rocker rust,though. When the the truck was at Carlisle last fall it had $6,500 on it.
Yes, I thought it revealing that the owner listed it as a C-10 rather than a C-30. Just for fun I e-mailed the seller and asked if the truck could be driven to CA as is or did it need maintenance items such as tires, belts, hoses, etc. The seller said it could be driven across the country to CA as it sits. Personally I have my doubts about that, I thought, at the very least, the seller would say it needed an oil change. So I'm somewhat skeptical about the condition of the truck and the honesty of the seller. I also asked the seller if the engine in the photo was a 350 c.i.d. and he verified that it was.

I don't know what the seller has the reserve set at, but I would suggest if anyone was interested in this truck to ask the seller for some hi res photos, especially of the under carriage to determine just how much rust the truck has.

Honest sellers on EBAY are far and few in-between and if the reserve is $6.5K, I think that is a little much if the truck has more than rocker rot.