View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 09:04 AM   #16
REDROCKER652002

Re: Advice or input on compressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67c20 View Post
What is your budget? Now double it. What is your electrical connection? How much space you got? How loud of a compressor will your neighbors tolerate? You mention that you would like it to be portable, which probably means horizontal tank. What type of surface would this portability option be used on? You mention painting and live in the bay area, which means a descent air dryer, so you need to factor that in as well. Keep in mind if you buy used people are selling cause they have new, so why they selling it. Also if its 220, they may not have the thing connected so you can hear it run. Does not mean that something new does not have a noise and mechanical issue either, but it does come with tech support to vent to. Bottom line, do you homework and buy something that will do the job today and in the future. Oh and I did a quick craigslist search a there is a lot of used stuff out there, although not inexpensive.
All great info. Thanks. I was hoping to stay under $350, I have room to store it, but if it is too big, Like the 60 to 80 gallon one, I need to do some rearranging. It will be used on cement, both in the driveway and in the garage.

I have a 220 on my panel for a Kiln when my wife was doing ceramics, so I don't think that will be an issue. My neighbor is an electrician, so anything I need there I think I can pay for in Beer LOL

As far as other stuff I might need, that was coming in a new post when I was ready to pull the trigger, so to speak. LOL.

I did some looking on Craigslist as well, and I found what you found, used is not that much cheaper than new in this area. So, new might be the way to go. I was looking at the one at Lowes that was posted earlier. It was said that it would handle painting parts at a time, which is what my plan is.

Thanks again for the input, I appreciate it.

RR
REDROCKER652002 is offline   Reply With Quote