View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
sodly

Where's the 3/4 ton love?

Hi. I'm a relative newbie here although I do drop in from time to time to lurk. I'm a big fan of 60-66 Chev trucks and would one day like to find a nice one to own. But the big difference with me (apparently, I've learned after lurking here) is that I really dig all-stock trucks. Nothing against hot rodded and slammed trucks but it's just not my thing. They're neat to look at and I appreciate the work but they're really just cars at that point. I guess I appreciate stock originality over mechanical creativity. As you can imagine, I like survivors. To make matters worse for me, I really dig long beds over short beds (blasphemy, I know) and... call me weird but... 3/4 tons over 1/2 tons. I know, I feel like a square peg in a round hole world. I really like the look of old farm trucks and I think they are the ultimate form of these 60-66 pickups. Give me a nice, stock, patina'd custom C20 with a straight 6, tall, skinny tires, dog dish hubcaps, a big ol' rear bumper and a ball hitch out back any day of the week. Even stock racks are cool, IMHO. Problem is, most of the 3/4 ton trucks were used up and spit out long ago. Probably my only hope now is to find a nice, pampered Custom Camper that lived a life of relative ease.

I've spent some time on this site looking but haven't had much luck finding inspirational pics of the kind of trucks I like, besides mostly a few old factory photos. Seems that not many people are interested enough to collect/restore them... or maybe they just don't like them. So, can anybody post or point me to pics of nice, stock 3/4 ton trucks from this era? I know there must be a few other nutty people like me out there that go for the original trucks. But are there any other 3/4 ton/long box kooks like me out there? Surely I'm not the only one. Thanks!
Attached Images

sodly is offline   Reply With Quote