View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #41
OrangeAnimal

Re: 97 sierra ext cab build

I know this seems impossible but I have a had two different trucks with a single chamber flowmaster knock off on them and both (one has single exit and one with dual exit) droned less than the super 40 muffler on my orange truck. Also if you run a pair of the 40 mufflers in true dual fashion you better buy a louder stereo. I had those on my orange truck as well at first with no H pipe then I added the H and the drone seemed slightly better.

My advice would be to get the shorty headers and keep the factory Y pipe then from the y run 3 inch to a single chamber with dual 2.25 outs.

Also if you turn it straight down from the muffler it drones even more than having no turn down at all. I would angle the turndowns slightly or go out towards the tires with pipes.

Of course you could always run it like older Camaro's and Trans Am's keep it all the way to the back then A nice tucked up turn down that's only slightly visable.

I have welded up some pretty neat exhaust systems for myself and several buddies to get it just right.
OrangeAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote