View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
ChevyTech

Re: Died while driving now won't start

Quote:
as I don't think I have any spark. All fuses are good.
Quote:
How can I tell if the computer is dead?
Quote:
I can't get the check engine light to blink so that may be a problem.
Quote:
Don't know if I have any codes because the check engine light isn't lighting up and I don't have a scanner. I'm going to figure out the engine light next. Might be part of my problem.
The truck should be able to produce spark regardless if the ECM is good or not. It does not need the ECM to have spark.

If it did have spark but no service engine light then I would wonder about the ECM, but it sounds like a power supply circuit has failed.

It is possible the ignition switch at the base of the steering column has failed.

Check all the connections under the hood on the passenger side of the firewall at the junction block which may still have a black plastic cover over it. There are fusible links at the junction block also. I have found several truck with connection problems at the junction block studs when the nuts were not all that loose, but I have found many with loose nuts.

Fusible links are pieces of wire that burn to protect the circuit. Feel all the wires at the junction block to see if you find a bad one. They could be melted off inside and hard and stiff near the ends.
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote