View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #83
leddzepp

Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
No, the seals ship from Wis. to us in Indiana,
we then ship All the seals from the Indiana warehouse. We have to charge CA. residents what Calif. refers to as Use Tax because rather than have to pay shipping on many of the heavy & large items that we get from West coast suppliers we instead lease space in a CA. suppliers warehouse and ship these items from the West coast. Since we lease space they consider us to have a presence in the state so we have to collect Calif. use tax on Everything sold and shipped to a customer in Calif. whether it ships from in Calif. or if it comes from Indiana, Texas, Virginia, Mich. etc..
We do try to make sure as much as possible ships from within CA to our CA customers to speed delivery but since we don't get these seals from CA we don't ship them there as that would add to costs not reduce them which is what we are trying to achieve while also speeding delivery.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
Well, however it works, I end up paying both shipping and sales tax....I have never had to do that when buying anything else from a vendor that is located out of state. Unfortunately now I have to go with other vendors, as paying both tax and shipping makes things cost prohibitive.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote