Thread: OCD Blazer
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #19
Jimfred

Re: OCD Blazer

I cant find the pics of the frame while I was working on it [it was 12 years ago]but the original plan was to make it low as possible as cheap as possible,so I Zd the front 5" with dropped spindles and bags,in the rear I used the factory trailing arms but made a new front mount so the arms ran inside and parallel with the frame and built a watts link to keep it inline and narrowed the rear end.
when I was doing the work I just wanted it to be strong and didn't take a lot of time grinding and cleaning up welds much I was going to rustoleum and let it go.But a friend of mine[Tony from Advanced Custom Coatings] offered to sand blast the frame so he could get in the tight spots before I painted it but when I went to pick it up he had powdercoated it and my trailing arms and wouldnt let me pay him [asshole] so since he was in the giving mood I gave him everything else I had.If I knew in advance everything was going to be powdercoated I would have spent more time with a grinderName:  iphone 494.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  84.2 KB

Name:  iphone 1202.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  iphone 500.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  87.5 KB

Name:  iphone 1217.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  52.0 KB

Last edited by Jimfred; 11-26-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Jimfred is offline   Reply With Quote