View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 10:43 AM   #32
88lowrider

Re: HELP, Broke down Again !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpilgrim View Post
My 92 K2500 had an few issues when we bought it like yours. 1st was the every 4-5 day dead battery that was caused by an aftermarket stereo the PO installed that had a constant draw even though wired correctly, Second was the no start without a cup of fuel in the tbi every now and then that turned out to be a fuel pump with a dead spot, but as soon as it started on that cup of gas it (vibration?) worked.
The ignition module is not connected to the fuel pump circuit so don't waste time there unless no spark. This sounds stupid but did you check all fuses?
You should be able to see fuel spraying from the injectors when cranking also. It seems strange to me after sitting 2 yrs to have these problems, it must be something simple.
Working on the fuel issue first so once I get my first cup coffee in, will go out and do the shot glass of fuel to see if she fires right up..

When I had this issue before, I replaced that module in the distributor plus the fuel pump relay only to find out the fuel pump was on its way to failing. Once it failed and stayed that way, found it and replaced it.

One thing I do know, is while trying to start it, that one wire that is supposed to prime, does not come hot.

Here is one I don't know for sure. It Does have some in line fuse looking things right up close to the fuel pump relay but they don't come apart, or if they do, I don't know how. I can take the light probe thingy and stab the wire before and after the barrel that looks like a fuse.
All the other fuses under the dash I checked.
88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote