View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 01:21 AM   #55
Lancialonnie

Re: My truck got hit yesterday

I have to add my experience with Allstate, needless to say at first I was NOT in good hands! On 30 June a crazy lady jumped in her car and backed up without looking right into the bed on the drivers side, leaving a nice big dent that creased up to the top of the bed rail. She gave me her insurance paperwork and I filed a claim using their app that has you load pictures. A week letter I get a check for $1,200! I call and ask what is this, a down payment? They said no, it was an old 72 truck and $1,200 will cover having Maaco bang out the dent, bondo it and respray it. I go on to explain that isn't going to work and I was transferred to their "Expert" who told me that it was in my best interest to have it bondo'd because if I have a shop replace the side with new sheet metal, I am risking corrosion where they take apart the bed! And I think he was serious when he said this! I fought with them for another 3 weeks or so before they finally agreed to send out a real adjuster in person to put eyes on. He took one look and asked if it was a show truck to which I replied, well, I have shown it but it is also a daily driver that had no bondo on it before it was hit. His next words were, well, we have to make it right so if you want a new bedside, I will approve it. I quickly shook his hand and said thank you and of course you will then have to have the bedliner resprayed and he agreed. So total estimate is right at $4,000, a far cry from the $1,200 low-ball offer they wanted to give me! Truck should be done by the end of the week with a new gas filler door and a spare tire pocket now as well!
Lancialonnie is offline   Reply With Quote