View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
joe231

My Crew Cab Short Bed Project, AKA "Project Destiny"

Thanks to JohnC, I have had my eye on this truck for MONTHS just hopng no one bought it before I could get it.
So last week I went and looked at it up close and personal for the first time. It needs lots of TLC, but I have tons of parts for it. My whole family is excited about this truck, even the dogs since they will be able to go with the family more.
I took possession of it last Sunday (1-24-2010).
But wouldn't you know it, I have been too busy to do much with it since then
Specs on the truck are as follows.....
Shortened 1 ton frame, 1/2 ton running gear and suspension.
unsure of the gear ratio, or if it has posi (I will look into it soon)
255/70/15's and 8" 5 lug rallys all around
3" spindles in the front
Not sure about the rear, but I believe the hangers have been moved up slightly, and possibly a leaf removed and it has 52" springs (I will also look into this soon)
GM Goodwrench Crate engine (250-260HP/325-350TQ) with a 600cfm Holley 4160 and an Edelbrock intake, backed by a just rebuilt 700R4 transmission.
The instrument cluster is from a earlier truck, that will change.
It currently has some brown/tan 89-91 sub seats and console up front and a blue vinyl bench in the back.
I have all the trim, power doors, front seats, center console, overhead console, and front clip from a '89 suburban to go in this truck, as well as the entire wiring harness and TBI set up (not sure about that yet).
so I guess that is basically where I am at now. Lots to do, hopefuly I will get some decent weather and some time to do it.....
On to the pics.....

Oh, and my wife has decided to nick-name this truck "Big Sexy"
Thanks for looking and I wil try to get more/better pics up soon