View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #71
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricott View Post
Thanks for the update on the body height. I don't have a build blog on this vehicle at this time as my son and I are finishing up a frame off restomod of a 1966 GTO for him. The car has a 6 Liter Escalade engine with a T56 six speed from a 2000 Camaro. We are completing the wiring of the car right now, and will be installing the glass this weekend. When I bought the 55 pickup earlier this spring I thought we would be finished with the GTO by now - but we all know how deadlines slip!!! I went to my friend's salvage yard today and discussed my plan to use a Trail Blazer/Envoy frame on my 55 pickup. He has 13 of these vehicles on his yard. One was a 2005 with 27,000 miles, and another was a 2005 extended cab that had a cab fire. I will continue to follow your build, and I'm sure this is the way I will be going.

The build of the GTO is at Hotrodders.com - Projects and builds section - under 1966GTO.
Man..you are busy. I visited the 1966GTO build. Surprised the hood closes over all that engine. Great project. The '58 Corvette is one of my all time favorites. May have to touch base with you when I get to the wiring.
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote