View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 10:06 PM   #22
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

I was able to get the suframe, upper and lower arms painted recently.

I also stripped the rear axle AGAIN. What a pain to strip off layers of 2 different coatings. I got it repainted with the Summit stuff through an el cheapo hvlp gun. Looks way better. And adhered 10x better. Rear brakes are also complete and installed.

I bead blasted all the small stuff at work. I need to get it sprayed in the next few days. I need to spray the new steering parts as well. I did go ahead and paint the front calipers. They were new but had some surface rust that I cleaned off. I brushed them with VHT paint.

I did also have a friend drill new holes in the lower crossmember cross bars so that I can get the increased caster. I forgot to take pics but Ill post those up soon.

At this point Im about finished with what I can do with the parts I have. I need the blue truck here so i can start removing the 4x4 stuff from it and fit up the 2wd parts. I need to get the ridetech susp kit ordered as well. It has the bushings I need to complete the upper and lower bushings. Obviously I need the other components as well to bolt everything together.

My only delay is moving stuff around at my house. Im in the process of getting a storage shed so that I can move some stuff from my detached garage into it. Both of my "spots" are full with a car and lawn mowers, etc, etc. This will allow me to have some storage for parts and get the truck in the garage.

My plan is to get my $hit together in the next couple weeks so I can get the blue truck to my house before we get any snow, etc.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote