View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 09:45 AM   #25
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Yesterday was an exciting day for the project.

I was able to arrange getting the blue truck to my house!

I went up to my dads in the morning where my gpa and I loaded all the spare parts into his truck and trailer and we pushed the truck out of my dads garage and got it ready for its trip home. It filthy but thats to be expected from something that wasn't covered very well and sat since 2001. Overall condition is still very good. Minimal surface rust on just some of the random hardware bits. Paint is good, aside from a few light scratches here and there.

The rollback showed up around lunch and got her loaded up.

Its less than an hour from my dads to my house so the trip down was no problem. The fun started when we went to unload it into my detached garage. Its sort of a weird setup and the garage door is on the back of the garage and leads into my yard. Its been cold for several days here and it never crossed my mind that the grass would be so soft. We all but buried the rollback in the yard. yikes. It was worse than the pic shows.

Luckily after a few failed attempts at getting it unstuck we were able to use the winch and a tree to get it to harder ground. The downside is I wasn't able to get it in the detached garage.

So for now we unloaded it into my attached garage. My wife lost her parking spot which she isn't overly happy about but she understands.

So for now Im gonna try and clean it up a little bit. First step is to find out if the engine is ok. I ordered some oil, filter, plugs, etc from summit. I picked up an oil priming tool to use on it. So assuming the engine starts and runs ok Ill then pull the tcase then remove the engine and transmission. I figure thats just easiest so I can work to install the 2wd stuff. I figure itd be easier to mount the new trans to the engine that way anyway.

Its exciting and slightly overwhelming just because of the amount of parts that need installed and or replaced. Im hoping most of its pretty straight forward as my memory of things that were removed is slim. Ive got loads of old parts and Im hoping I can put them in their respective places. Probably need you guys to help me along the way. Thanks for following along.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote