Re: 1964 C20 Turbo LQ4 Build

Its been a while since I updated.

few things accomplished.

a-fuel sender closer
b-rad fan installed
c-computer mounted
d-rad hoses.
E- power steering

A) I did not like the connections being in the tank so I wanted a bulkhead but realized they are $32 dollars for something stupid. This is a pvc (pretty sure) one from menards for $2. I soaked it in gas for two days and its fine. It is also getting the fuel safe sealant gobbed into the top and bottom. otherwise im not worried about it... need a connector now.

B) I ended up buying a volvo fan off ebay becuase I wanted the mounting holes. I had a friend cut and bend the shroud i drew up out of aluminum. after massaging everything in I made some hard mount blocks to hold it all to the core support. lot of welding on the radiator itself. cross over came VERY close. dont like it but running it for now... I also need the two connectors to use the volvo relay that has it all in one so I just need to run wires to it.

C) computer mounting in the glove box. about to start wiring but need some last locations determined like coil packs. I need to relocate them due to headers and make new wires. probably going to use kit msd 32079. I bought the seals it split grommet (overpriced) but it is 3" hole and I am going to open an existing hose for the harness. (SGS35100)

D) radiator hoses are done. I bought a heater core bypass loop hose online since it is a tight bend and two different sizes. The bottom hose i kind of had to cut. I tried using 21710 Gates from another forum since the end sizes were correct 1.5 and 1.75 but i ended up cutting in half and putting a tube in between them so i will have 4 hose clamps on it. The top was a universal hose with a 90 on it. (dayco 81491) both are 1.5" so i had to order a reducer on the block side for 1.25" (Gates 26390)

E) got my captain fab bracket for 76 / 79 power steering box. mounted it and its misaligned. not sure what i wanna do about this one yet, work my way up the trail. the box is 13/16-36 spline and the original shaft is 3/4. the 79 shaft i have I cut and it slips right over the original. still up in the air for what route to go. may have to add some u joints. I ordered a 3/4 rag joint but it obviously didnt fit so pay attention to what you need. I didnt realize there were two, what a dope.
Attached Images

Last edited by tmills213; 10-07-2018 at 12:26 AM.
tmills213 is offline   Reply With Quote