Liz
Catchy title goes here..

August 67-72 ToTM Winner

Congrats Junkie

General
Manufacturer:GMC
Year:1971
How long have you owned this truck?:4 years
History behind the truck:As far as I know my Burb was "born and raised" in Calif. The guy I bought her from owned her for about 13 years. I know she was "used and abused". The PO owns a paint and body shop, so when I purchased her, she had a fairly new paint job, but the metal wasnt treated properly in places, so rust control is an ongoing problem. My Burb has recently gotten a new SB 350 with a HPCam, I had changed to headders, but soon got tired of them heating my starters and blocking my plugs, went back to rams horns manifolds. She has 2 ch. Flowmasters, with 3 in. tips that end just before the rear axle. Bout 2 years ago, she got a new T350 tranny with a shift kit installed. Shes had all new brakes, and the front end all rebuilt. Shes borderline stock. She was "Born" with over head A/C, but I removed that and had after market AMA under dash A/C installed. My Burb is my daily driver. Shes taken me Coast to Coast 2 times, only problem was a broken fan belt. The paint job thats on my truck was there when I bought her, its a Pearl white with a lavender over spray. The graphics were the POs too. I plan on having a "frame on" resto done in the comming years, she will be a simple Pearl white, the strips will be removed and her body will be smooth. She has the "Clam shell" type rear doors now, and Im working on a set of Barn style doors to replace them

Chassis
Suspension type:stock 1/2 ton, leaf springs/shocks
Front Brakes:disc
Rear Brakes:drum
Steering:605 pwr. steering w/ steering dampner on tie rod.
Front and rear tire/wheel type:Rims 15 in, Inkys ? (PO) Tires BF Goodrich A/T 32.11.50
Front differential type / Gears:Stock
Rear differential type / Gears:Stock

Body
Color Scheme:Pearl white with a lavender "overspray" Graphics were PO idea.
Bodyman:George Judd, Escalon Body and Frame,California
Modifications:After market 42 gal. fuel tank, other wise stock.

Interior

Color:Gray
Material:Tweed
Wiring:Stock
Modifications:Aftermarket under dash A/C.
Steering wheel/Column:Stock
Stereo/Speakers/Amps:Kenwood AM FM Cassette (yes cassette ) 4 6X9 speakers in rear, have 2 more 6X9s and 2 5in goin in eventually.
Air Conditioning:After market "Arizona Mobile Air" under dash
Instrument Gauges:Stock

Engine

Cubic Inch:350 Small Block
Manufacturer:GM
Camshaft:Forged Steel
Cylinder heads:Stock
Valve Covers:Edelbrock Elites
Intake Manifold:Edelbrock
Ignition System:HEI
Exhaust type:Stock Ramhorn Manifolds, 2 ch Flowmasters w/ 3 in tips ending just before rear axle.

Transmission

Automatic / Standard:T350 auto
Torque Converter:Stock
Shifter type:Stock
Drive Shaft:Stock
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote