View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
bossmanivy

Ivybilt Customs! Project #1

Hello everyone!

I feel I've made enough progress to get a build thread going. I'm completing going through the 1969 c-20 my father in law gave me a couple of months ago. The general plan is to convert to a half ton and bring the front and rear bumpers a little closer together. I will do a nice static drop! (It's all about the stance). Bigger wheels with a nice disc brake package at all fours! I've been working on it for awhile, so I know this thread will catch up to the progress I've made. I would like to explain the title for a minute. Ivybilt Customs is a name I've had in my head for years. I don't own a custom shop, but that is my dream! My last name is Ivy and I use to drive a truck over the road! The best truck I ever owned was a peterbilt. I loved that truck! So I came up with the name ivybilt. If you've seen a peterbilt logo, then you get what I have in mind for a logo! It's silly, I know. This build will progress slow. I sell cars now and I work a lot of hours. I've been working outside for now. I have a structure to put up to get me through the winter, so that will take some time. Here are some pics to show you what I'm starting with. I'm doing this thread with my phone for now, so bear with me as I struggle through these posts. Thanks for checking it out! God bless!!!

Oh! One other note. My father in law bought it from his cousin when it was a couple of yrs old. Then drove the wee out of it for 30 yrs. it has been sitting for about 12 yrs.
Posted via Mobile Device
bossmanivy is offline   Reply With Quote