View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 06:55 PM   #15
SCOTI

Re: MRC Hydroshox Opinions

I prefer the adjustability of air from a security perspective. It becomes substantially harder to steal a vehicle that's flat on the ground vs. one that can easily be rolled. But, I never liked that air alignment set-points weren't repeatable until the height sensor era. There will always be the nay-sayers but 90psi(F)/40psi(R) when it's 50°F in the AM is not the same as the 90psi/40psi @ 90°F when you got the alignment done. Height sensors changed that but they come @ a cost + you still don't maintain a consistent spring rate unless you're @ the aligned/driving height.

Years ago I brainstormed w/an engineer I worked with (his background was Aerospace & mechanical) about figuring out a way to make suspension mounts that were on a Linear screw set-up (think electronic version of the NASCAR screw-jack but the mount point moves vs the suspension anchor points). That way you adjusted the mount set-point w/o disrupting the alignment & spring rates. I researched the heck out of it but never could find that 'It' item/part that could be adaptable within the space available.

These will definitely end up on my Retro-Rod.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote