View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #77
Billett

Re: First Time Swapper

I realize it is a large undertaking, but computer programming in general is second nature to me so I'm not that intimidated by the tuning itself. I have a friend that runs a company called SpeedCircuit that does parts and tunes for Mitsubishi Evo's so I'm going to talk to him about it. I'm wondering if he would be willing to let me buy the program myself so I can still mess with it whenever I want, but I'll pay him the shop hours for the initial tune and any problems I may have for him later down the road.

ls1nova, I've checked out your ls1tech build thread a ton. Very useful. THANK YOU!

No need to worry about me burning out. This is my DD and while it's down I'll have to drive my brothers honda civic. There is no better motivation than that. Good to know about the 4l80 wiring. Didn't realize they were different. TBSS manifolds may be where I'm heading right now unless I can find a set of 4th gen headers for around the same price. Trimming the frame or mounts a bit so they fit won't bother me. As for the harness, There's a complete one on CL I'm looking at, but I always like to have a backup plan so it's nice to know I can grab the ends from the junkyard if I get desperate. I looked into the engine stands a bit as well. Someone on here used those style stands with the dirty dingo slider mounts. Looks a lot easier, but for that price I can't do it. The stands and mounts though will be a breeze. There are plenty of those trucks in my local junkyard. I'll definitely need a new radiator, and overflow bottle for that matter haha and I'm hoping I can trim those fans to fit.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote