View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 06:45 AM   #24
DanSaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy.powell View Post
Do what Capt. Fab suggests on the Bowtie Overdrive stuff. If you don't have the right geometry on the carb linkage for the TV cable you'll never get it to work properly and could possibly trash your transmission.

So all was good before you switched from a Q-jet to the Edelbrock? If so, wouldn't that be the "smoking gun"? TV cable adjusted properly?

Just some random thoughts from an old guy that I've learned the hard way...

Randy
i have adjusted the tv cable theee times and I feel like I have it where it should work right, but I'm still using the factory linkage bracket. So I just picked up an aftermarket adjustable linkage bracket, hopefully get a chance to throw that in tonight. I did check the solenoid. T putting 12v to the A wire while under there, I did hear a click. Couldn't duplicate it, I guess it doesn't disengage electrically?
The smoking gun was changing to a non-smog carburetor without properly addressing the tcc in the first place. When I realized it I tried putting manifold vacuum to the vacuum switch but couldn't make it work. And the rest of the original wiring was a mess, idk where the factory tcc wiring even went. So we'll see if the new bracket makes a difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
DanSaco is offline   Reply With Quote