View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
slam59

Re: Rear speakers low volume-99 Tahoe

Thought I would update you other guys that have the same issue with your rear Tahoe or Suburban spaekers. I took off the cover on them both and they both have rips in them. One of them especially where the 2 wires meet the speaker coming from the center voice coil I guess you would call it, is severely ripped. So I found some nice Kenwood 4 x 10's ( which are the size of these) on Crutcthfields website that I want to get eventually. But before I do order them, I wanted to make sure it was the speakers and not the head unit. So off I went to the junk yard yesterday morning, found a Suburban close to the year of my 1999 tahoe, and took off the covers and sure enough they were both in perfect shape so I took them out paid for them and got home and hooked one up on the side that had the worst rips by the voice coil. Sure enough they worked fine! In fact, it made both of them come on! So now I have great full sound now. So when I get the cash I will buy the Kenwoods,or some Pioneers, they go for $100 on Crutchfield but I see them on ebay and other sites for like $65. Heres the Kenwoods below. Hope you guys have the same luck I had. Check your speakers out first, maybe they are just ripped like mine were.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KFC4...5C.html?tp=105
slam59 is offline   Reply With Quote