View Single Post
Old 09-07-2023, 10:29 AM   #103
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 1970 Custom/10

Finished up the headlight swap out yesterday. I must say I am impressed with this kit. To me the price was fabulous for what you are getting compared to the other things I may have used.

https://cruiserteq.com/oem-toyota-ko...-elec81110kit/

Learned about it from someone in the 60-66 area of board.

What I really like is they are glass, sealed bean H$ lights, so none of the plastic fading crap to worrry about.

The wiring kit was super good quality and the wiring had plenty of reach.

Just remove the old bulbs, which in my case was tough. Driver's side ring had to be cut and the ring screws cut out . Luckily I had an extra set of housings from my old 70. The other thing I liked about the kit is I did not have to open up the center holes. It is tight with the rubber boot around the back of the bulb, but it fit in without opening it up at all. All relays and fuses were included. Only mod I had to make was to lengthen the ground cable some to go onto a point behind the battery. Rings and all fit perfect and they look good in the housing. They are way brighter for sure.

I also cleaned up the factory headlight bezels/surrounds and repainted them.

Also reinstalled the gun (umbrella) racks in the cab and put my present from Chevy Truck Legends on display. Better there, than lying around and never being used.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote