Thread: Bad Idea
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #123
RRR18

Re: Bad Idea

OK.....kind of an update.
So the cab and the 2 new doors went to the body/paint guy month ago. Cab pretty much what I thought just a few dings and dents here and there and it's about ready for primer and then paint.
As for the doors....well maybe I have the worst luck ever or whatever. Since May I have had my hands on 5 different doors from GoodMark (Triplus box with a GoodMark sticker) and 1 AMD (TriPlus box with an AMD sticker inside of an AMD box!) all came by way of Summit Racing. Good thing they were understanding of what I had went through and gave me every cent back. I ain't talkin about no little dent or maybe a ding or a crease in a corner or some little dumb **** like that. No no no these damn things did not fit. Not any of them had the same problem as the other either. I could go on and on about it but I'll just get pissed off again. I'm sure others have had great luck and I've contacted other dealers for doors which include vendors to this forum. I just completely gave up on the new door idea and the body/painter and I decided to skin and bottom both my old doors. There really wasn't anything too too bad with em but the bottoms were a little banged up and welded on and there was signs of the skin/bottom lip over starting to swell up and push. Plus previous owner shaved the key hole and I always hated that. I got a couple update pics from the body/painter. Sorry for the bit of a rant.

Follow on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/rtimes3c10/

Ryan
RRR18 is offline   Reply With Quote