View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #1
aruss99

80lb injectors max whp

Hey guys, I am a college student trying to plan for what the bare minimums I need to upgrade on my fuel system to make around 1000hp at tx2k. I have a 1971 C-10 with a 5.3 LM7. It's has a rotating assembly in the works to support that kind of power (thinking TSP 6.125 rods and still undecided on pistons), but I really need help with fuel.

I was thinking of ordering some sort of fuel cell set up for an inline pump. I'm looking at the magnafuel 4303 with 10an line and then split into two -8 lines at the rail.

The issue I am struggling with is I currently have Siemmens Decka 80 injectors and I know that under normal circumstances these injectors can't support this power, however I only plan to make this much for TX2k, and then will turn it down to 800 for the street until I have the money for bigger injectors. I am going to be running on e85, but some race e90 may be used for just the event to be safe

My question is this, if I set the base pressure to something like 80 PSI and have it boost referenced, is it possible to make that kind of power, or is that kind of pressure inside the injector going to cause some sort of failure within the injector, mess up the spray pattern, or cause some sort of other issues?

Thanks for the help.
aruss99 is offline   Reply With Quote